There are many ways to offer suet and other high-fat foods.
WBU EcoClean® Finch Feeder
Covered Ground Tray
You can help your birds stay warm by offering the right foods that have an attractive blend of fat, protein and carbohydrates.
High-fat Foods for Feeder Birds
- Offer suet, Jim’s Birdacious® Treats and blends with nuts to help birds, such as woodpeckers, chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, wrens and others, maintain their high metabolic rate.
- Suet is a no-mess, high-fat food that attracts nut- and insect-eating birds.
- Jim’s Birdacious Treats, like Bark Butter® and Nutty for Nuts™, are full of essential fat, protein, fruit and more.
Nyjer® (thistle) for Finches
- Nyjer is 50% fat and protein, and it’s a favorite of goldfinches, Pine Siskin and Purple and House Finches.
- Nyjer has a thin shell that small-billed birds can easily open - saving them time and energy as they eat their food.
- Specially designed to hold small seeds and accommodate small-billed birds, our EcoClean™ Finch Feeders are the best feeders for offering Nyjer. They contain antimicrobial product protection, and their Quick-Clean® removable base makes them easy to clean.
Seed Blends for Ground-feeding Birds
- Our Deluxe Blend is loaded with sunflower and safflower seeds and millet. Millet is high in carbohydrates and is especially good for attracting ground-feeding birds, such as native sparrows, juncos, towhees, quail and doves.
- Offer Deluxe Blend in a ground feeder like our EcoTough® Covered Ground Tray.
(Nyjer® is a registered trademark of the Wild
Bird Feeding Industry.)